With entrepreneurs, seasoned professionals, and students under the same roof, the Palm Desert iHub is a space designed for collaboration and seizing opportunity. The establishment of the iHub is a huge stride toward the goal of creating a more diverse and durable economy with opportunities for all.
The Palm Desert iHub is a collaboration between the city of Palm Desert, the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership and Cal State San Bernardino. Cal State San Bernardino established a cybersecurity program at its Palm Desert Campus as part of a $749,000 National Science Foundation grant to increase the level of diversity among students enrolled in cybersecurity programs. The City of Palm Desert contributed $1.4 million to the Palm Desert iHub facility, and CVEP manages the property and the iHub business incubator program.
Through this unique partnership, the Palm Desert iHub offers three distinct programs in one facility, all to improve the regional economy: education, coworking space, and business incubation.
Education: Located at the Palm Desert iHub are Cal State Palm Desert’s newest high-demand degree programs to the Coachella Valley: Cybersecurity, Entrepreneurship, and Hospitality Management.
Co-working Space: Co-working space at Palm Desert iHub is ideal for home-based businesses, remote workers, business meetings, and businesses relocating to Palm Desert which have not yet moved into a commercial space. The Palm Desert iHub offers:
- Symmetrical bandwidth at speeds of up to 1Gbps
- Coffee, tea, filtered water and snacks
- Free parking
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Periodic networking and educational events
Business Incubation: Early-stage startups in targeted, high-growth business sectors – such as cleantech, app development, healthcare innovation, cybersecurity, and more – can take advantage of the benefits of co-working space plus the value-added benefits of being accepted as a client into the iHub program. iHub program advisors assist early-stage startups with identifying target markets, developing accurate projections, becoming investment-ready, and other guidance as the business prepares for launch or commercialization.
The Palm Desert iHub is located at 37023 Cook Street, Suite 102, Palm Desert, and is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. For more information and co-working space rates, click the button below, call or text 760-898-0489, or email PDiHub@cvep.com.
- TWINCARE (FORMERLY 3C.HEALTH): AI-Driven digital connected care platform to monitor and manage patient health, reducing cost, redundancy, and improving access to care from anywhere.
Software – Primary (Education, Lifestyle, Marketing)
- NFTSN.TV: The goal of this company is to make the Coachella Valley the NFT (non-fungible token) capital of the nation and to make NFTs more broadly accessible
- WHATZ2EAT: A high-tech, AI-driven mobile app that helps people cook delicious meals using the food they already have on hand.
- HELLO COMPUTER, INC.: A startup with a signature mobile app called StoryTime, available in the Google Play Store. StoryTime is an award-winning Ed-Tech App that creates completely unique children’s stories using dynamically synthesized story content to engage and educate preschool and kindergarten-age children in early reading, writing and creativity.