Palm Springs iHub and Accelerator Campus
The Palm Springs Innovation Hub (iHub), managed by the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership, is a state-designed business incubator funded by the city of Palm Springs and Wells Fargo. The iHub focuses on early-stage business in the fields of renewable energy, health and medicine, and digital technology. The Palm Springs iHub also offers the Palm Springs Accelerator Campus – designed to mitigate start-up risks and increase the probability of business prospering and growing into the future.
Palm Springs iHub Performance Metrics
Goals & Objectives:
• Transform the Greater Palm Springs Economy through growing innovative enterprise.
• Nurture, attract, and grow 50 renewable, energy based companies in five years.
• Create high-paying jobs in technology and manufacturing throughout Greater Palm Springs.
• Develop programs to enable and encourage Greater Palm Springs to compete in the global marketplace.
• Attract angel and venture capital investments in resident, accelerator, and virtually based companies.
• Increase per capita household income and standard of living regionally.
Wells Fargo Innovation Incubator (IN2)
The Coachella Valley Economic Partnership (CVEP), manager of the Palm Springs iHub and Accelerator Campus, is a member of the Wells Fargo Innovation Incubator (IN2) Program, which fosters and accelerates early-stage commercial buildings technologies that provide scalable solutions to reduce the energy impact of buildings. Founded in 2014, IN2 is funded by the Wells Fargo Foundation and co-administered by the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). CVEP celebrated the naming of Wells Fargo Innovation Center at the Palm Springs Accelerator Campus on April 8, 2016.
Meet the Innovative Businesses of the Palm Springs iHub and Accelerator Campus
- AA SUPPLY: advanced materials to manufacture and export gear for military applications
- BPAD: Digitally-enabled behavioral competency analysis for pre-employment testing, with a focus on healthcare and law enforcement
- BUTTERFLI TECHNOLOGIES: on-demand,nonemergency transportation for those who need additional assistance, wheelchair access, or specialized vehicles
- CAIA: online patient portal connecting all aspects of healthcare management and delivery
- DOUBLE LOCK HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS: patented medical device designed to reduce health care associated infections
- ECO CULTURE MANUFACTURING: textiles using recyclable materials and integrating sensor technologies for smart devices
- ECO GREEN SUPPLY: environmentally responsible, nontoxic, commercial laundry soap and cleaning products
- eTAGZ: wearable QR Code-based identification system that stores emergency contact and medical info in the cloud. Applicable markets include Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, active outdoor athletes (cyclists, runners), and those that cannot communicate clearly.
- EV ENTERPRISES: lithium-ion battery components, microelectronics, and related products
- GATTACO: technology to replace centrifuges and allow extraction of plasma from whole blood in half the time
- HEPPOLT WIND ENERGY: wind turbine that allows installation and maintenance at ground level
- INDIE POWER SYSTEMS: technology for consumers to store energy during periods of low demand for use during peak demand
- INSTAPP DEALS: mobile application to connect businesses with new customers via existing customers
- LEAFY: Patent-pending 600 watt cannabis grow-light system with passive cooling capabilities
- LUX BODEGA: online rental and subscription service forluxury footwear
- PET PROJX LLC: hand sanitizer with an innovative delivery system and formulation
- POCIAL: connecting individuals through a combination of polling and social media to foster debate, create a collective voice, and quantify opinions
- POST MODERN: integrated hardware and software to bring social-media marketing to retail outlets and events
- PSTALENT: Sony PlayStation entertainment platforms
- PUREOZONE: 360: an ozone-based disinfectant
- QWIKTARP: a patented semi-custom fitted truck-bed tarp, latch, and tether system. The patented system offers waterproof protection of the truck’s contents, and installs quickly and easily with no paint damage and no drilling required. The company is looking to shift either full or partial manufacturing to Palm Springs.
- SACTEC SOLAR: mobile solar energy systems with sun-tracking technology
- SOLAQUA: solar hot-water collectors
- STELLAR NETWORKS: video production, aerial imaging, animation, advertising production, radio broadcast and podcast services, virtual and augmented reality content, and mobile applications
- WISE EDUCATION: online language training geared toward Chinese-speaking people
PALM SPRINGS iHUB Company Highlights:
• INDIE POWER SYSTEMS provided the energy management system to the Toyota Buffalo Ranch off-grid electrical supply center in Buffalo, Wyoming.
• SUBECA* secured an order from Mission Springs Water District for patented smart water meters. Won the 2016 SBEMP Award for Environment.
• HIPS-SISTER* surpassed $1 million in revenue and was featured in Oprah Winfrey’s O Magazine.
• HEPPOLT WIND ENERGY secured phase 1 and phase 2 financing for a grid-scale prototype of its patented Vertical Axis Windmill from Los Alamos National Laboratory.
• POCIAL debuted an interactive competition judging app for Tim Bradley fight. Pocial and EV ENTERPRISES have been finalists for Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards from the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at CSU San Bernardino.
*Palm Springs iHub Graduate